We are seeking an Event Assistant for our upcoming Pro-Audio Conference taking place on August 31, 2019 during Battle of the Beat Makers weekend in Toronto, Ontario.
This person would work closely with the event’s management team to plan, facilitate and execute the event during the conference and in the weeks leading up to it.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the conference
- Handle some communications with volunteers, media, panelists, venue, sponsors, partners and talent
- Draft panel descriptions for promotional purposes
- Handle on-site logistics including problem solving, talent & media relations
- Leadership in set-up/tear-down of the event
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Critical and creative thinker & problem solver
- Deadline oriented
- Strong self-starter and leader
- Experience managing events and leading teams
- Highly organized and punctual
- Social media savvy
- Previous experience volunteering/working with Battle of the Beat Makers an asset
- 10 hours August 31 for the conference weekend *must be available all day
- 5 hours a week from August 9 to August 31 (mix of virtual work and in-person work will be required) *flexible hours
- $500 (to be paid September 2 upon services rendered.)
Please express your interest in writing, including why you would be the best fit for this position and your availability for an in-person meeting the week of July 28th, to:
no later than July 26, 2019 @ 5 p.m. EST.